Existing Member?

Sharing the World Shannon and Rob´s Europe Journal

Our Last Big Adventure

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 6 October 2006 | Views [793]

Our time here in Europe is starting to wind down, but before we left, there were a few more places that we had yet to see.  This trip began as more of an excuse to see friends, but that really enabled to get to some places that we did not expect to be able to go.  We’ll just provide the overview of the trip here and go into details in another blog so this doesn’t become a small novel! 

Alessandro, a Brazilian, and Peter, a Slovakian, were going to travel with us to see Kristin in Norway.  (All these people work with Shannon at a place that sells itself as an “American” pizza restaurant.)  Kristin was at home for the summer break, and would be coming back to Edinburgh shortly after the four of us visited.  The plan was for us four to meet her in Norway, stay for a few nights, then we would go to Copenhagen, and then on to Slovakia to stay with Peter for a few days.  After Slovakia, Alessandro was coming back to Edinburgh, Peter would stay behind for a couple more weeks, and Shannon and I would continue on to see Austria and Germany. 

This was certainly one of our most ambitious trips so far.  We had three weeks to try and see 9 cities in 4 countries.  In the end I think we outdid ourselves by actually getting to 13 cities.  Needless to say we were exhausted by the end and eager to get back home.  Here is the beginning of our trip and I’ll keep posting as I get the chance, but there is a lot to talk about and over 200 pictures to go through.  I think I’ll start with Norway and Denmark in my next post.  Until then…

Tags: The Planning Phase

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.