Existing Member?

Rooh - The Soul

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Friday, 12 October 2012 | Views [689] | Scholarship Entry

When I left for Kashmir, I had absolutely no pre conceived intentions whatsoever. I simply booked my tickets and left with a few pair of clothes, my camera and the tripod. My entire focus was to travel, without any expectations out of the journey, to just live in the moment, accept whatever comes my way and cherish those experiences while having my camera as a cosy companion. Those 10 odd days alone there, brought me closer to my inner core and gave tremendous affirmation to my belief systems.

I have had no filmmaking or editing training. I bought my dslr with the purpose of getting into landscape photography and eventually ventured into filmmaking after extensive personal research on the workings of the camera and editing softwares. There is something that drives me to capture moments and depict it via this medium, and with every project I aim to get better at it. I believe that I am constantly learning, and each project instills a new process in me.

I am the happiest when I am constantly on the move, and winning this scholarship will expose me into a realm where I can experience what most take for granted, capture the beauty within and share it with the rest of the world.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About smaran


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.