Existing Member?

IN BETWEEN JOBS BLOG

Luang Probang: SaiBaDee

LAOS | Sunday, 15 June 2008 | Views [512] | Comments [1]

"SaiBaDee," or "Greetings" from Luang Probang..

We arrived here after 2 days on the boat and it is wonderful.. Our boat "docked" (there arent really docks) aroudn 5:30pm Thursay. We found a great guesthouse for $7/night that is clean, private and has our own bathroom!!

LP is a small town, still filled with many tourists, but much less obtrusive than prior towns. We wondered through the outdoor night market. It was beautiful to see... tons of vendors under red tents selling scarves, jewelry, clothing, and other crafts from the area. We ate at a cafe, SALAD for dinner (I was very excited to have a salad). We walked around more, taking in the culture and town... and had a wondeful night's sleep!

The next day we woke up, had an omellette breakfast and pineapple juice smoothie. Every restaurant here serves fruit shakes.. they are unbelievable delicious, put's Jamba Juice to shame! (in fact I might grab one after writing this :)

We spent the day walking through the town, checking out shops, relaxing and reading our books.. It was definitely the most relaxing day yet.

The next day we woke up at 5:45 am to watch the monks alm's.. a line of monks walk down the street and the local people offer rice as they pass. The rest of the day was spent, hiking to the top of a temple and planning the rest of our trip.

Tonight we are taking a night bus to Vientiene (the country's capitol city)... check back for more soon

(ps, i am having trouble uploading pictures from this internet cafe, hopefully I will be able to update the site with more soon!)

Comments

1

miss shayna! your adventure is soo colorful. i can almost imagine myself in the same predicaments! how wonderfully exciting it must be to see all the beautiful, different cultures there. keep up the great work with the blog. it brings sunshine to my day to read along....
take care!! and be safe....

  kayla Jun 27, 2008 9:09 AM

About slosman


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.