Existing Member?

My scholarship entry: Riport from Hungary

Rise of the hungarian university students

HUNGARY | Sunday, 13 January 2013 | Views [298]

A young hungarian demonstrator

A young hungarian demonstrator

 In Hungary the State grants most of the students scholarsip at universities and college if they good enough. But it will be change in the near future because of the cut offs what the government made: they planned to close most of the universities and decrease the number of the students and teachers. Obviously the attendees and the high school students were very obsessed and made demonstration all over the country. It was in december of 2012 and the weather was not very pleasant, around minus 8 degree! I heard that somebody organized an ad- hoc demonstration through the social networks in Békéscsaba because the hungarian minister of education was planned a presentation in the town. In 2 hours about 150 young people joined to the happening and of course the police was there to make it legal. While the secretary made the talk in the well heated building on the cold streets the people scand their opinion until they decided to take over the building's hall. In that moment the police rescued the minister through the back door so the students couldnt catch up with her. After that they marched to the town hall but when they arrived the local police cheif told to the crowd to end up their demonstration if they dont want to be forced to do it. After that in few miniutes the crowd -in a very dissapointed mood- dissolved in the dark cold streets.

 The demonstration serie kept for a week until the government reconsiderd their statement so the youngs won their first battle, but not the war yet.

Tags: scholarship

About slaveoftheboobs


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hungary

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.