Existing Member?

Sounds of Cape Town: Extraordinary Expeditions for the Traveling Musician

Sounds of Cape Town: Day 4

SOUTH AFRICA | Tuesday, 30 October 2012 | Views [382]

4 October 2012 :

To some relief to our ‘night-before’ bodies, today was yet another rainy day... We looked through the videos and realised that we had way more footage than we would actually be able to fit into a three minute video. This meant we had to reorganise our clips and discuss how we would like the story to flow. We decided on the footage we thought we still needed to take.

After running some errands, because yes, life goes on even when you’re shooting, we went to the Eastern Food Bazaar in town. This buzzing place never fails to amaze me! You can find a variety of Indian, to Chinese to Middle-Eastern cuisine all in one spot. The food is but one part of the experience! The whole place’s decor is overwhelmingly interesting: There’s a big old bronze typing machine, huge ancient-looking wooden statues and a variety of other eye stopping objects.

While there are hoards of customers placing orders, the staff works at maximum efficiency, and the mere chaos of this place makes it special! Also, I don’t think there is any other place in Cape Town where you can get a full tray of well prepared food for as little as R30!

With our bellies full, we headed to Sgt Pepper’s, a rock ‘n roll themed bar and pizzeria in Long Street. They have posters of Led Zeppelin, Elvis Presley, The Doors, Queen and the like on the walls. Naturally the music they play there is brilliant, and in my opinion, they make the best pizzas in town. Not only can you count on the perfect, thin, crisp base, but the toppings are anything but ordinary...for example, their cleverly named “Wild Thing” with kudu, red onion, pecorino and a side of mustard! Yummy!

The barman and one waiter are in a band together, so we ended up chatting music and whiskey for a quite a while... After kicking some ass on the foosball table, Olof and I headed home to rest our souls.

About siyaya


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.