Existing Member?

Treks Within Reflection – Pausing in the "Here and Now" Adventures

Reflections From Home

USA | Saturday, 10 January 2009 | Views [270]

Though we returned home Monday evening, this week is as if I'm bouncing back and forth between two worlds. I awake in the mornings uncertain of where in the world I am... Nights are filled with dreams of being on the Inka Trail... Days are abundant with moments of gratitude for "safe" tap water, eating salads and raw veggies, using my washer and dryer, the luxury of ice in my soda and water glasses, my own bed, my "fu fu" toiletries, and simply the comforts of being home.

As I continue to process the last few weeks, main themes of our Peruvian adventure entailed the constant opportunities to "be in the moment," choosing to embrace change as well as "willingness to be open." I'm sure I will realize further themes as I unite myself with the "here and now" and allow other reflections to meld as whispers from the weeks past...

Upon returning home, we were met with tales of winter storms and challenges, and the debris of broken trees and branches as remnants of snow and ice fury. Home awaited safe and secure. We're relishing and are extremely grateful for our "here and now" world of home!

Stay tuned -- I'll be getting some photos posted as soon as possible, but meanwhile am sending everyone warmest wishes for a Happy New Year filled with abundant Blessings, Love, Joy, and Peace!

And gentle reminders to "Be in the moment!" Namaste, Dear Ones!

About sisocrates_musing


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.