Existing Member?

My traveling note

My first abroad

YEMEN | Friday, 9 May 2014 | Views [213] | Scholarship Entry

this is a story about being abroad for the very first time. as an opportunity the options were only take it or leave it. but the time was too perfect to be true. I finished my contract, waiting for a new job and my aunt offered me an opportunity to visit her. So why not?
the first feeling came up in my mind is nervous. I must prepared everything since i had no passport. i apply my first password queuing and everything, and got the little green book of my own. for me it is not that complicated. but i was going to travel with my grand dad who was 80 something at that time. it needed more effort and patient at the very beginning.
the trip was normal. never get used to the meal in the plane but it was not bad at all. landed in Dubai airport is a wow. end up in airport of Sanaa is ok. for two weeks, i struggled with the languange which i know nothing about it. but, the city of Sanaa is not bad at all. it was nice. i love the meals and the tea.
unfortunately, i was there during the demonstration and chaos situation in middle east, so i may not visit some area. but still it was fun to be there. the place i loved most is the old city of Sanaa. the beautiful dresses and the nice smell of the traditional ingredients was really spoiled my eyes and nose. and the tasty humus and sweets. yummy....

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About sisiliasesy


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Yemen

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.