Existing Member?

This World is my home.

Ha Long Bay

VIETNAM | Thursday, 14 May 2015 | Views [176] | Scholarship Entry

Hello,
My name is Singh, I'm from India. I have been travel 3 countries Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia. I came Vietnam June last year.The reason behind fulfill my treasure of travelling was my girlfriend as she is Vietnamese. After visit in Vietnam I start travelling and the most interesting place I have found in Vietnam is Ha Long Bay.
Ha Long Bay, situated in the Gulf of Tonkin, within Quang Ninh Province, in the northeast of Vietnam, is about 150 km from the capital of Hanoi. Covering huge area including over 1600 islands and islets, most of which is unaffected by humans, it forms a spectacular seascape of limestone pillars and is an ideal model of a mature landscape developed during a warm and wet tropical Weather and climate. Beauty is complemented by its great biological interest.
The outstanding value of this property is centered around the drowned limestone karst landforms, showing spectacular pillars with a variety of coastal erosional features such as arches and caves which form a majestic natural scenery. The repeated regression and transgression of the sea on the limestone karst over geological time has produced a mature landscape of clusters of conical peaks and isolated towers which were modified by sea invasion, adding an extra element to the process of lateral undercutting of the limestone towers and islands.
I came on this beautiful place with with girlfriend. We take a bus from the capital Hanoi, and it took us 4 hours to reach near Ha Long Bay. We both were pretty exited to visit this place because this place also known as wonders of the world( but its not mention in words yet). We both were travelling in Vietnam from last 20 days continuously but there was nothing to stop us travelling as we both love travelling. After reach near this place we move to our guesthouse as we book before visited this place through Lonely Planet. We reach guesthouse and put our stuff there and then prepare to go this beautiful place.
As I dream to visit this place before I got in my dreams in real. Felling in my mind and heart was so peaceful and thankful. Another side of my mind was saying to me Is this was in my World? My World! We both sit near the sight to look around and enjoy the nature and beauty of our house, our world. In my treasure First time I feel heaven in Kashmir, India. After the First one Ha Long Bay create a picture of Beauty From another part of this world in my heart. I continue my journey also in other nations.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About singh


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.