Existing Member?

Simply Serica

My Scholarship Entry: A 'Place' I Have Visited

PHILIPPINES | Thursday, 4 July 2013 | Views [474]

When you've had a fill of the town's charms, take a brief pause and let the magic hour step in.

When you've had a fill of the town's charms, take a brief pause and let the magic hour step in.

Some people say that finding that one true passion or the so-called "calling" takes years. In some cases, it can even take a lifetime.

 

I've taken on different line of works in different industries - from writing for magazine publications to working in real estate to shooting videos as a freelancer- all in hopes of finding the self. As different as these jobs may be, they all have one thing in common - they brought me places.

 

Without me even dreaming or asking for it, the jobs I've taken on have somehow found a way to send me on posts in places out of my comfort zone. They involved sending me off to Singapore, India, Japan, Malaysia, to the different locations in my own country that many other locals may not have been.

 

Traveling and shooting can both frustrate me occasionally but, time and again, these two are the kind that draw me back to them even after I’ve told them: “I quit”! In the number of jobs that I've been in, the opportunity to travel has grown fond of bringing me back to the love for shooting. I guess my life needs them both…and vice-versa. From those experiences, I saw for myself how it is truly in moments of being loss when traveling did I learn about who I’m turning out to be.

 

It's about time that I pay them both back and really take this to the next level. That said, I honestly feel that there isn’t a much better time for someone like Jason Edwards to step in and show me the way.

 

I am still learning to work beyond available light when shooting. There are so many other ways in which I can tell a story other than what I already know from my hobby of making videos. This is why I want to be guided.  I want to keep practicing the art of documenting travel tales worth telling so that I can learn more and better contribute to the world that I have come to know and appreciate in my travels. 


PHOTOS ENTRY: http://www.flickr.com/photos/79967558@N06/sets/72157634485086479/

Tags: a place i have visited, bohol philippines, serica, simply serica, travel photography scholarship, world nomad

About simplyserica

At the Summer Palace in Udaipur, India

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.