Existing Member?

South Africa Experience

Seek Experiences - Sand Dunes Township Experience

SOUTH AFRICA | Monday, 28 October 2013 | Views [252] | Scholarship Entry

Spending three weeks of my life in the Gelvandale township in Port Elizabeth last year was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Coming from a very rich nation like Germany it was very shocking for me to experience the desperate situation in which these township kids find themselves. I was impressed by their talent to find joy in the most little events like going to the beach of your very own town. In the video above I wanted to transmit how incredibly emotional this experience has been not only for us the organizers but also for the kids. I have been filming day and night since my return from South Africa and I believe that I have elevated my filmmaking skills since then. That's why I want to share a short film with you which I just released recently but is not a travel video but a film about my home (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLDxfmT_TQ8). I couldn't imagine a more exciting opportunity than traveling to New Orleans to discover the culture, the city and the people. I would obviously give my very best in producing some super-inspiring travel videos that will make others want to go out there.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About simonstraetker


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.