Existing Member?

Broadening my mind

First update!

INDIA | Thursday, 12 March 2009 | Views [185]

Wow! It's taken me this long to add to the story... Sorry about that.

After our whistle-stop tour of Rajasthan (7 cities in 12 days!) and a day and a half in Agra (fantastic Taj Mahal, but was it really built as a monument to love?...), we are now in Varanasi (Very Nicey indeed!). Our train here was delayed by 7 hours (is this possible?) and yesterday I had my first attack of Delhi belly, but today everything's looking good.

Varanasi is an attack on the senses. Saw cremations on the Ganges yesterday evening, took a lovely boat trip in the moonlight with a very friendly boatman, watched a religious ceremony as part of Holi from the river, and waded through piles of cow shit and rubbish to get to a restaurant... Phew!

Luggage got here safely, Jo, just 24 hours late. Kind of wish it hadn't, cos I've got far too much stuff. Should have packed half...

Sonia: tengo muchas cosas que contarte. Te echo de menos, pero pronto nos veremos en Granada. Un besazo x

That's all for now. Off to discover more of Varanasi now. Probably won't have time to write again, but you never know...

Namaste!

About simonhill


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.