Existing Member?

To India with Love

High out of Chandigarh

INDIA | Thursday, 17 July 2008 | Views [843] | Comments [6]

We are at the Timber Trails resort, high up in the Mountains outside of Chandigarh. The resort looks down onto all of the surrounding hills. A river snakes through the steep valleys to the north and to the west there are terraces stepping down the steep hillsides. Some are waiting for attention and others bursting with the fruits of hard labour. We have travelled to Ambala City to see a fellow I met in the Mittagong chicken shop, where he works seven days a week. He goes by the name of Jay in Australia but in his home town of Ambala Cantt he is Bittu. He has returned one year after his fathers death for religious and family reasons. He has been taking his mother to specify temples to pray and he organised a large extended family ceremony (over 200 people all day) and as the only son, was responsible for the proceedings throughout the day. He has organised this little resort jaunt for us. His brother-in-law has a cousin who...get it? We spent yesterday with him and his friends, wonderful people all, and had breakfast this morning before driving the two hours to here. We are celebrating quietly because this morning Shayne talked with a women connected to Anikats orphanage and she thinks we should get to Delhi and be present at the court hearing on Saturday. I have to ring our lawyer Umrao in the morning and he will let me know if we should come. He was very surprised to hear from me just now. He is not confident they can deal with the case by the end of the month...It's going to be a very interesting ride from her on in. Tomorrow we go to spend the day in Chandigarh and then we go catch the train to Delhi to hopefully attend court and plead with the judge to get moving immediately on the case. You'll be hearing a lot more form Delhi where the internet access is easy.

Tags: adoption, chandigarh, delhi courts

Comments

1

There's not quite enough room in my throat for this lump. She's close. God speed, my darlings x

  George Jul 18, 2008 2:09 PM

2

So close, so close, ever closer. Thinking of you all every day, sending you much loveand sunshine, Mon xxx

  monica Jul 18, 2008 2:44 PM

3

Sat Sri Akal Thinking of you all. Our prayers are for your desires to be granted very soon.May have to do that dance!Love SId& Shirleyxxx

  Shirley Sidhu Jul 18, 2008 6:03 PM

4

Oh my gosh, she is so close, wishing and praying for this all to go quickly for you all.
xxxx

  Pat and Aysha Jul 18, 2008 9:31 PM

5

it fels so tense
i suppose birthing wasn't meant to be easy
you love us
pete & saa

  peter gilchrist Jul 18, 2008 10:31 PM

6

Thinking of you and wishing it would all hurry up and be done!! Can't wait to see ALL OF YOU when you get back! Stay calm and keep positive , the worst is over , not long now!
Lots of love,
Carolyn, Talia and Bentley

  Carolyn ,talia , bentley Jul 19, 2008 9:01 PM

About sidhus_on_safari


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.