Existing Member?

Something like Magic!

For the first time..

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [81] | Scholarship Entry

An indispensable dream it was and is,very endearing yet,empowering if it came true.My thoughts take me to places where I’ve never been before, to the places where no one goes.It was a child’s magical wish perhaps and perhaps it was a delusional fantasy.I embarked on a journey to find my soul,my purpose.Myself!
Finally my nest was a thing of the past.This bird was ready to fly.Like Alice I followed my white rabbit flustered and confused. It really was the first time I was sitting on a plane, believe it or not!The white rabbit dragged me to a wonderland!My wonderland was “London” and I was officially at her Majesty’s service!
My first sight after getting out of the airport was that of the beautiful black cabs.The sun shone effervescently on my face.Little did I know that all my apprehensions were going to transform into a real yet,seemingly,a lucid dream.A self fulfilling journey of sorts.My obliviousness left me dazed in front of the magnanimity of the structures that surrounded me.
On my first day in London It was time for “The first Concert” I ever attended.A busy night club with flashing lights and an amalgamation of nationalities all conjoined to witness a night of heartbeat inducing, foot-tapping music.Sure it was all that and more.
My independent journey the next day started off with fulfilling my first dream and visiting the Madame Tussaud’s Museum where I was going to witness that world of stars.The wait was worth it,I still say that the first time I ever visited the wax museum was the best time I had that month. This was the first time I ever travelled to a foreign country,The first time I felt free,The first time I ever walked so much and discovered so much in such little time,The first time I ever truly was happy!
Did Alice ever had an orgasm? She must’ve.Orgasms being metaphorical here.Orgasms of longing,orgasms of happiness?Did she ever experience these orgasms while she was in Wonderland?The kind of orgasms where you could feel so many emotions at the same time so that you do nothing but you cry with a smile on your face.You are extremely happy but you keep on crying because you know these tears are those of pure joy.Was it all worth it?Was that rollercoaster worth rooting for?Worth waiting in the line for?Did they ever ask God,’If man really was worth, creating the world for?”Did you have an orgasm lately?I did!The orgasm of freedom and happiness.The orgasm of self realization!AND THE ORGASM FROM THAT, WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About sidhantsudhan


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.