Existing Member?

Explosions of magic and a tiny yellow flower

Catching a Moment - Khakassia under my feet

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Friday, 19 April 2013 | Views [204] | Scholarship Entry

I open my eyes and find her watching me intently. How can these narrow eyes seem so wide at this early hour? She is full of enthusiasm and I can't help but smile at her even if frenetic songs, ursine dances and sparks of the campfire dissolving in the night sky are still pulsing in my head.The rays of the sun are fractured and reflected in every direction by little stones, pieces of glass and strips of colorful fabrics hanging here and there. It's unbelievable how such a dreamy peace can combine so well with explosions of tangible magic. It seems like fire and water are in a perfect equilibrium here in Khakassia.

- Our yurts are constructed in such a way so their roofs are meant to connect with the sky and the first rays of the sun fall on the doorstep.

I get up, take a few steps and find my bare feet splashed in joyful warmth. And suddenly I think that nothing is random here. There is a meaning and a place for every soil crumb and every blade of grass. I smile at her with the excitement of a little girl and feel this bliss even in my unruly, electrified hair. I didn't feel this reverie since I was a child and saw my beautiful, young mother wrapped in early morning sunlight on the veranda of our old house.

- ??, ??????, ????? ??? ?? ??? ????????? ?? ??? ????????? ??????. We believe that everything created before us was made by gods, she says. I make a few more steps and breathe this divine, eternal light. It smells of white color.

The earth is the same everywhere, but it's us, people, who reflect it in different ways and I love how its energy is pulsing under my feet here. I never thought I would find peace in the endless Siberia. Life is limitless here like this infinite azure sky. A tiny yellow flower baths delightedly in honey dew and pays no attention to the excited blades of grass surrounding her. I missed this calmness and tranquility my entire life.

I never knew I needed so less to feel so alive. My soul is dazzled by this serenity and time is lost. I forget that I breathe, that my heart beats and through this detachment I can see myself perfectly, reflected in the endless sky.

- Are you living today?
- Yes, but I will miss this place.
- It's a part of you now. You already have roots here and you should know that roots feed a human soul.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About siberianserenity


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.