Existing Member?

Kiwi On a Mish (Mission)

Mums can get out there too!

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 28 April 2014 | Views [141] | Scholarship Entry

I became pregnant, serving in the New Zealand Navy and travelling the world. I new from that day forward my travelling days would be over and a year and a half later so was my Navy career, as I chose to home with my family than serving under command of others.

I love travelling and the Navy opened my eyes to what is out there to be discovered and to do it while your young and have the world in your hands to mould it into how you perceive the world to our very small country.

Since becoming a mother I haven't stepped foot off this beautiful country, but I still aspire to want to show young kids these days that there is more to life than moping around at home and getting on there parents nerves, more to life then living for the weekend, more to life than all the terrible stuff affecting them at the moment with synthetics use, under age drinking and much more.

But because they do not see enough of people like them or people from where they are from do great things in life, they are not exposed to the possibilities that could change their perspective on the outcomes of their lives.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About shyraihania


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.