Existing Member?

Little man in Maidan

Little man in the big Maidan after the Revolution

UKRAINE | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [95] | Scholarship Entry

Many tourists are looking for new positive emotions, other changes in thinking, ideology ...
Kiev - one of those places that make you think about something important...
For more than a year as the Maidan Revolution of Dignity took place in Ukraine ! I wonder if I can feel it now walking the streets of amazing Kyiv!
I decided to try anyway…
In the morning, I got ready for the trip, as for the war. Clean body, illuminated soul.. On my way to Kiev, in the train I got acquainted with very friendly and nice girl, who sang something quietly along! The conversation began with a smile, and she told me a lot about the famous places in Kiev, then continued about the churches there, and suddenly on her eyes blue as the sky,tears appeared!
She was a witness, this little man in Maidan. She told me about the incredibly beautiful church St. Michael's cathedral! Cathedral was a defence, hotel, hospital for lots of demonstrators! The girl recalled that inside the cathedral she was checking whether everyone who is sitting or lying on the floor, has mats. She saw a man, his head covered with a white sheet or blanket. She thought that it is so uncomfortable to lie like this, and decided to help him. She approached and understood that he is dead. !
She is a witness, who gave me assurance and understanding that every good affair sooner or later overcomes evil wall. Maidan renewed faith in this country. Now I believe - even if we can not change all this now, it will still be an incredible amount of stubborn dreamers willing to restore this country, like a phoenix, from the ashes again and again.
Morning! Positively, walking on Kyiv streets and fills my heart with pride!
I'm so happy, because of clear skies in the morning and stillness, like the angel wrap up Kiev with his wings, people smiling to each other.
I’m going to the Maidan Nezalezhnosti (Independence Square)! Maidan is very clean, but in the air like one year ago there is a smell of burning tires! Incredibly beautiful monument of Independence, climb up Grushevskogo street and see 100 faces that are so dearly, so quietly looking at me from the photos! Heavenly hundred! Heroes! Many flowers nearby, candles ... and orange helmets - the symbol of Maidan!
I want the same helmet! Orange! These orange hamlets gave to little man understanding and belief that they are sure to succeed!
A new day will come –the star of dawn! And the sun will smile! Flirting beam in the sky! Life will change! Let’s create it!

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About shpilman


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ukraine

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.