Existing Member?

A Journey from the Madhouse to the Asylum

The Highlands and Beyond

VIETNAM | Wednesday, 25 February 2009 | Views [264] | Comments [2]

I guess we should tell you about Mui ne.  It's an oasis on the beach, surrounded by sand dunes.  The beach is about 7 kms long beautiful white sand and very very quiet.  We shacked up in a brand new hotel on the beach with swimming pool complete with water massager (only been opened for 2 weeks).  They've got a tourist river to explore, it's a long hike into the dunes to find the source (a spring) but  a nice way to spend a few hours wading up it.  Climbing the dunes is pretty tricky, one step up, slide 2 steps back, but coming down is done on a sand sledge.  The food was amazing, Andy is turning into a fat western pig (and Shirley is catching up!).  The most expensive thing on the menu was a bottle of wine for one pound and 50 pence, it could be very easy to live here.  We stayed a week (it just disappeared) and moved on to Dalat.

Dalat is in the mountains, very like a French mountain town.  It's a major tourist resort, very beautiful, a bit cooler than the coast, a very good place to spend a few days (but don't bother with the toy train ride, it was absolute crap!) The bus journey to and from Dalat was amazing, stunning scenery, hairpin bends, some brand new tarmac, some no tarmac at all.

We are now in Nha Trang and have been here a week (god knows where that went!).  This place is the major beach destination for the whole of Vietnam and correspondingly the most expensive part so far.  Like Mui ne it has about 11kms of beach which is never crowded, coconut trees for shade and fresh lobster cooked in front of you for lunch, if that's your thing.

This evening we are taking the overnight sleeper bus to Hoi An, will let you know how it goes (it's only 11 hours!!)

Remember we are only doing all this travelling so you can read this crappy blog! (you can thank us later)

Hope everyone is well.

Comments

1

Elo me darlings.

Dont feel you have to do all of this just for us you know...you could always come back home to cold wet England...lol.

Blimey...i could do with a week in a brand new hotel,right on the beach,and only paying £1.50 for a bottle of wine...sounds like bliss...but i know you and Andy....you must be finding so hard to live like this just for our benifit....lol.

So you are both turning into lard arses are you...'GOOD'..LOL...THERE HAS TO BE SOME DISADVANTAGES FOR LIVING THE HIGH LIFE....lol.

we are all fit and well here....Ashleigh has just done here 1st math exam and Sommer has been acepted into Varndean...so all good news.

Carry on with your very hard life for our benifit...we do appreiciate it...lol.

alaove and miss you both

Juli and clan xxxxxx

  juli Mar 4, 2009 1:31 AM

2

Hello both.

Been a little slack with checking out the blog but it's nice to see you're still well and enjoying yourselves!
Been very busy here with wedding plans and the like. The engagement party is fast approaching. Shame you can't be there but have invited Simon and Robyn and Robyn reckons they are likely to come. :o)
We are both well and happy.
The weight loss has pretty much stopped! :o( (Gutted) but been a little poorly with flu and the likes so hopefully things will improve...........
Be nice to catch you on msn at some point? Give me a text if/when you can make it?
Lots of love, as always.

Hannah
xxxxx

P.S-Doing the 13 hour midnight walk for the martlets if you fancy sponsoring me on this venture, please go to www.justgiving.com/hannahtettersell

Love ya!!!

  Hannah Mar 4, 2009 10:15 AM

About shirandy


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.