Existing Member?

A Journey from the Madhouse to the Asylum

Singing in the Rain!!!!

INDIA | Saturday, 20 September 2008 | Views [322] | Comments [4]

We had a good overnight journey from Pushkar to Delhi followed by a crap all day (9 hours, average speed 18 miles per hour)journey to Dehra Dun.  Followed by a 1 hour local bus up the Himalya (7000 ft) to Mussoorie.  When we travelled the dehra Dun to Mussoorie road in daylight it is 22 km of hair pin bends, sheer drops and no safety barriers and the bus drivers drive as fast as possible up but slowly down.  It's a bit like a roller coaster with no loop the loops.  This is a famous Indian Tourist resort, a former hill station.  It is stunning scenery when you can see it!!  There is a lot of rain here, but it's a nice place to be.

The hotel we pre-booked wasn't up to much but we have since moved to the Honeymoon Suite in the Honeymoon Hotel (27 years to late, but it is very nice).  The room has a round bed, leather armchairs and stunning views down the valley (when you can see through the clouds!).

We are staying 2 more nights and then moving on through Delhi to ............. sorry state secret!!!  We are going on a first class train back to Delhi, half the journey time of the bus and they feed you- all for an extra 2 quid.

TTFN take care.

Comments

1

LOL....Well i hope you had good s*x in your honeymoon suite.....I'm glad i wasn't on the bus with you going up that mountain....i hate they way they drive and all you can see is a shear drop...*shudder*

We have had beautiful sunshine now for 2 weeks and it so warm.....the T-shirts are back out.....so you can keep your rain...lol

Do we get to know the state secret in the next update?

Have a safe and happy trip to your next port of call.

Hugs Juli and gang xxx

  juli Sep 20, 2008 9:28 PM

2

State Secret? emmmmmmmmm

Don't know what Julie is talking about? 2 weeks of sunshine.... she should come and live up in the Midlands lol. The sun has only been shinning here for the 2 days in the past 2 weeks!!!!

Hope the weather did cheer up a bit so you could see through all those clouds just like when we did the parachute jump!!!

Don't know how you managed to sleep in a round bed! surely one of you had all the sheets!! oh and not to mention Andy toes!!

TTFN and thanks for my phone call!!

  Tracey Sep 21, 2008 6:28 AM

3

Cannot wait for the next instalment. On tenderhooks! Why the State secret? Almost as good as Charlie Boorman who has recently travelled through India, but your travels seem so much more exciting, although fairly similar!!

  Janet Packham Sep 23, 2008 5:11 AM

4

Sleeping on a round bed sounds rather interesting......

News Flas-I GOT PROMOTED!!!!! Yay.

Miss ya.

x x x

  Hannah Sep 29, 2008 5:08 AM

About shirandy


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.