Existing Member?

Meeting the seas

Meeting the seas

DENMARK | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [108] | Scholarship Entry

Denmark is a wonderful country: welcoming people, amazing architecture, beautiful nature and... challenging language. And in autumn, as the wind turn chilly, the numerous forest burn with the colours of the dying leaves. But as magnificent the countryside may be, there is a place far north which would leave you an undying memory.

There is a long and narrow beach, where you walk toward the end of the world, surrounded by the seas, forgetting about the land, and trying not to be blown away by the wind.
The farther you walk, the deeper you go, into the scenery that inspired many Skagen painters.

Then, you reach the meeting point between the Baltic sea and the North one, clashing together, joined by the wind to create an amazing choreography, infinite variations of the same movement.
And if you stay long enough, observe, listen and feel, you will see the ongoing path between the seas, you will hear the invitation in the wind, you will feel the temptation to dive into the waves and celebrate the nature's wonders.

But the wind is cold and the seas relentless and the path to beyond seem to close, so you turn around and walk back gradually to your reality. The sand under your feet seems to be firmer, the wind colder and the seas louder, but as you leave your imprint on the sand, there is one left on your heart. And you leave humbly the stage, until next time.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About shgana


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.