Existing Member?

Start with a DREAM, you can dream everything and by some efforts and you can make it come true

Catching a Moment - A Dream Come True

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 7 April 2013 | Views [245] | Scholarship Entry

“Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen, We are now on our final approach into Heathrow International Airport in London, the current weather on the ground is approximately 10 Celsius, we’d like the flight attendants to prepare the cabin for arrival, fasten your seatbelts and raise your chairs to the upright positions. We thank you for flying with us today.” As I woke up that morning I heard the pilot said that, I can hold my excitement, we would be landing shortly, London; in several minutes.

This is a huge decision for me, I just turn 22 years old, and decided to have my first solo trip to several countries Europe alone, especially to dream city, London. I am waiting for this moment since I was a child. I guess it will be just a dream but I finally make it came true.

Welcome to London, as soon as I was on the ground, I went directly to my hostel, dropped my luggage, and had a quick wash. After 17 hours flight and 5 hour transit time and with 6 hours different time zone, I didn’t feel tired because the excitement feeling beat it.

With a small backpack, a camera and a map on my hand, I walked to a place I’ve been dreaming of, Big Ben, a great bell of the clock at the north end of Westminster Palace in London.

It was quite far for walk from my hostel to Westminster area, but I prefer walking at that time rather than sit nicely in an underground train with black display-nothing to see at the window. Sun shone so bright, but the weather was so cold, the wind blew but I enjoyed every second time to reach that place.

It took half an hour to walk, then suddenly I saw it, I saw the top of Big Ben, I speeded up my step, I did a little run, and finally I stood in front of Big Ben. That was the greatest moment, I am speechless, I hold my breath, my heart beat so fast, my eyes glazed, even a little tear down, I felt screaming inside, I finally made it to see it directly. I whispered and say “Thank You God for letting me have this, Thank God”.

Unfortunately the clock tower is not publicly accessible, but saw that from where I stood directly through my eyes is enough for me; I stood and sit there for a long time. Maybe for people out there, that was just an old building, a tower with a clock on it. For me that was fascinating, tremendous feeling and amazing experiences. Whenever I recall that memory, I still remember clearly how it felt and that was a real prove, from a small thing, a DREAM, you can dream everything and by some efforts and you can make it true.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About sherlyfen


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.