Existing Member?

The travelling tales of a free spirit... All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware..

From Cuba With Love Continued...

CUBA | Tuesday, 3 February 2009 | Views [1021] | Comments [1]

Meet the Parents?!

In the evening Heribel came to pick me up as usual but when I went outside I discovered that his parents and sister were waiting for us in the car....haaaaa I was about to meet his mum and not prepared at all - however I was happy that I´d chosen to wear my trousers and not the short shorts so I looked a bit more respectable phew.... we all went to the cultural club to watch a show together. Heribel introduced me to everyone as his girlfriend which felt really nice (for once in my life that word didn´t make me want to run a mile!) We danced to a few songs and he said I was dancing really well which made me less nervous about an evening with his family...we had a brilliant night in the end, I chatted with his mum and spent most the night dancing with him and his cousin... 

I enjoyed my last few days with him and on New Years Day I took the bus to Havana :( I was so depressed to leave him but pulled myself together to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Revolution in Havana! Everyone was shouting and cheering on the streets and drinking in the bars :) I went to Floridita with an Argentinian guy from my casa for their famous Daquiries (yum) then to a few other bars and enjoyed the crazy atmosphere... it was a good last night in Cuba. The following day I had a mad rush to buy instruments in the market and some cigars of course and then took my flight back to Mexico. I spent a few days back in Cancun and it was great to be back with the guys there for a while before continuing the journey.

In La Bodeguita del Medio, made famous by Ernest Hemmingway for its Mojitos!

In La Bodeguita del Medio, made famous by Ernest Hemmingway for its Mojitos!

Comments

1

where are you CP. lets have some feed-back ????
M O G XXXXXXXX

  john watts Mar 10, 2009 9:20 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Cuba

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.