Existing Member?

There She Goes

Where She Went

PHILIPPINES | Monday, 25 May 2015 | Views [179] | Scholarship Entry

I have been meaning to travel since I turned 20. All of my friends are going somewhere and I realized that I should explore too. That's when I decided to go to Baler, Aurora and there, I have experienced travelling alone to escape the eerie streets of Manila even for a while.

Baler is located in the province of Aurora, part of Luzon. It is known as the Surfing Capital of Luzon. As I took my first step there, I already felt the cool and clean breeze of nature. I got to explore the small city of Baler. I went to their museum and learned about its history, the culture, and the deep roots of the province. I also tried some of their signature and mouth-watering dishes and they are all delicious especially the fresh-caught seafoods! I had the chance to visit the oldest Balete tree in Asia which was also located in the province and their water falls are like paradise! Of course, the highlight of my trip (and also a cross-out in my bucket list) is, I have finally tried surfing for the first time! It was really a thrilling and exciting experience for me! Baler's waves are such a beaut and I love being carried away from it!

Everything about Baler is so amazing. What more? Oh, and the locals? They are so welcoming, hospitable, and fun to be with! I gained a few friends to keep and I promised to go back to that province again, look for them and make more memories.

After that trip, I promised myself to explore more. I keep in my mind to be a traveler, and not a tourist, in every place that I will be into. I have listed my dream trips and I hope to fulfill them all in my lifetime. One thing's for sure now, I have my bag packed already so whenever the universe is ready to take me somewhere, I would be ready.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About sheilalalove


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.