Existing Member?

My very exciting adventure's

Time to go.......

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 6 March 2013 | Views [514]

Hi there from downtown Anchorage.
Been an interesting trip so far, lots going wrong but am not letting it get me down nor am I panicking . I figure its just best to go with the flow.

I think losing the key to my locked luggage before I went to albury airport kind of set the theme :) 
Once key was located (in the driveway) I settled in for a little wait for my flight to Sydney, plane was of course late but that didn't effect my connection thankfully.  Sydney airport being what it is was the same as always, messy! Arrive at one terminal, navigate way through car park etc to other terminal to locate shuttle bus to go to international terminal. Compared to Sydney LAX is a dream. Forget any concerns you have about LAX it's well signed and easy to navigate...... We could learn a bit from them as to how to set up an airport :)

So finally I am aboard the big bird headed for the states... Wahoo! Still feeling a bit flat and off from my ear & throat infection the week before I wasn't really in the mood to take advantage of the free alkie...... Gasp shock, I know! I watched a couple of movies, wriggled about a lot, thankfully I had an empty seat next to me so I wasn't bothering anyone. With about 2 hours to go I started feeling really off, nausea, clammy, dizzy..... I let the crew know I wasn't feeling well and went and sat in their little area and sucked on oxygen for a while. One of the passengers nearby was a cardiology doc and checked me out, said my blood pressure dropping suddenly is what caused it. Feeling a lot better I head back to my seat to watch another movie, when bang hits me again .... I was so sure I was going to pass out.....but the crew were awesome and I spent the rest of the trip on the oxygen. Doc reckons that the old bod was just a bit weak from the previous infection etc etc. . Anyway, have been a-ok since then. So there is nothing to worry about ok? 

So we land in LA and I head to Southwest Airlines in terminal 2 ..... I have plenty of time so I decide to walk, it's not far and took about 10 mins. 
Line up at southwest only to discover I am actually flying US airways.....terminal 7 too far to walk.... So I brave the shuttle. Bus pulls up I yell " you go to 7" like I heard other people do..... He says "no mam, you want the A bus" I hop on A bus and made it plenty of time to the correct airline..
Guess what, my plane is delayed, which means I will miss my connecting flight to anchorage. Staying very calm, cos not wanting to end up on stupid tv show that shows angry passengers yelling stupid things at airline staff. So they were very helpful, put me on a united flight to Phoenix then I will make the connection US airlines to anchorage. Yay right? Not right. Find my way to united terminal go to check in..... "You not booked mam" ho hum... Fiddle about a bit more and end up with boarding pass.... Go to hop on plane... " you not booked mam" more fiddling with the rest of passengers in line behind me awaiting to board.... Very embarrassed! 
Made it to Phoenix, thinks to self "better check I am actually booked on this flight" even though I hold boarding pass in my hot little hand. Sure enough, "you not booked mam" fiddle fiddle type type whisper whisper, must find her a seat is last flight to anchorage.
By this time I have been awake 30 odd hours and pretty delirious... I offer to sit on the wing! They not think me funny.

Longest Wednesday ever, I step into the taxi at anchorage airport and say "is it Thursday yet?

Qantas = 1  US Airlines =nil  United airlines = nil


Love shazi

Tags: airports, los angeles, phoenix, sydney

About sharonleigh


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.