Existing Member?

For The Freed Spirit

California Feelin'

USA | Wednesday, 29 April 2015 | Views [88] | Scholarship Entry

Imagine yourself driving. Now put your sunglasses on and your windows down. Look out the window for a moment. You can see miles in front of you, of ocean, mountains, and rock. Smell the sea salt. After a couple of days in paradise, somewhere between Ireland and Costa Rica, you start to lose yourself. The tension leaves your body. You forget about make-up. You start to act on impulse, with your heart, as your mind calms the fuck down and allows you to simply live. The food is great, the views are phenomenal, and the company awesome. You say things without thinking, and everything becomes funnier. Sillier. More exciting. More intriguing. The little things in life bring you pure joy. John Mayer in the morning and Tom Petty in the afternoon. Driving.

The sun rises early in the morning as you do yoga on the beach, and you watch the same ball of fire set over the ocean with a drink in your hand 14 hours later. With a coffee quickly after yoga, you set off for your next destination. When will it be? You don’t know. Where will it be? It’s unsure. It doesn’t matter. You know that where ever you stop, hike, eat, sit, discuss, contemplate, or swim, it will be amazing. And the time in between is irreplaceable. The California Coast touches and purifies your soul one sea cliff at a time. It is spiritual and powerful.

As your friend focuses on the winding road, you come around yet another mountain side, and are awestruck by the beauty in front of you. And it happens again. And again. And again. You think: “Time has stopped, I am in a dream”. The beauty meshes into one large, super-beautiful experience. You feel connected to your core self, living 100% according to your values. You’ve breached society for a time being, and anything is possible. Strong. Exhilarating. Pure. Joy.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About shannonrose


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.