Existing Member?

Our Crazy Australian Adventure

Plans have changed...... (Shannon)

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 21 February 2009 | Views [483] | Comments [5]

So plans have kinda changed and not really because we wanted them too. Our landlord wasnt answering our phone calls the night before we were supossed to mve in and friday morning we were all ready to go and we still could not get a hold of him. We suddenly realized we had been taken for a ride and he had run off with our bond which was 2280.00AUD. We checked our the address he gave us it was fake and were pretty sure he lives in the house he showed us and thought we were easy targets which we were... So we went to the police station gave a detailed description of him and the events that happened jenna also handed in all the emails and her contact numbers between them as well as the contact number the website had that we first fond him on. The police were awesome here and it seems like they are actually making an effrt to find the guy s were hoping even if we dont get our money back that he gets caught. Now that we have no house and none of us want to stay in brisbane we decided to change our entire plan and put some luggage in storage and find a fruitpicking farm with accomidations and work our butts off for a while. Everyone i have talked to said they have heard from friends that they actually really enjyed it and everyne parties together on the days of like a family. After that were thinking about buying a campervan and sleeping/travelling in that although were all a little worrried abot driving and I will have to teach the other girls how to drive a manual which culd be quite interesting. Anyways were all ok and are moving on and or excited to start seeing the country we love u all and miss everyone!!! ( o and sorry if i missed a lot of os this keyboard sucks)

Comments

1

Shannon,
Ashley gave me your blog address. Hope you don't mind me following your adventures. I was very sad to hear about that awful landlord. I hope the police find him. Good luck with your adventures.

  Mavis Hoffman Feb 28, 2009 1:17 PM

2

i dont mind at all! we still need to update our blog finding time to do it is difficult the police are looking for him a detective is on the case haha were trying to make the best of things!

  Shannon Feb 28, 2009 7:10 PM

3

Hi, girls!
I loved reading your blog. You are a very humerous writer, Shannon. Please keep this up, as we love reading about your adventures and looking at the pictures. Lauren gives me little snippets of what you're up to, but I would love to have more details. She tells me you are going to Nimbin. It sounds like a fun place to be!?! Just be good and stay out of trouble there. I guess the police have cracked down on a lot of the stuff that used to go on there, so just be careful! Did you see any dolphins or whales while you were on the islands? Send pictures!!!

  Susan Stevenson Mar 6, 2009 6:50 AM

4

Nimbin was sweet we only spent about an hour there i enjoyed the watering hole we went to after. Lauren and i took a leap of faith and jumped of a rock along with others on the tour into the water below it was amazing. We have only seen one dolphin when we went for a walk by the lighthouse we are going kayaking with them very soon tho were all pretty excited

  Shannon Mar 6, 2009 11:15 AM

5

You sound like you are having a great time and I am so grateful to able to read about what you have done. Take care of "Stevie". Still cold here, we are actually having a spring storm tonight with kindersley getting some of the worst of it. Great time to not be here.

  Shelley jolly Mar 6, 2009 2:05 PM

About shannonj2589


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.