Existing Member?

UK06

England 1b

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 7 July 2006 | Views [613]

Mez and I decided to cut our time with Sarah short and book a hostel in London and go and see Neils band The Hair play.  So after spending the day with tose guys we jumped on a train back to London and tube from there to London Bridge where we walked to the hostel which is awsome has its own bar, club and coffee shop.  Dropped off all of our gear and headed toward Shoeditch which is just past Whitchapel, (Think Monopoly, if that dosen't work think Tnanti.)  So Neil's on at 930ish and we're running a little bit late, it's 9 by the time we're on the tube.  Turns out the Shorditch station's closed for maintenence so we had to walk from Whitechapel to Shorditch (Like Tanti to the Pines with nothin inbetween and a way higher black gang ratio).  So Mez (mini skirt and top) and me (white jeans and watermelon jumper) take this walk between 930 and 10.30 as it's getting dark, awsome, we thought our trip had com to an early end when we asked this nice young girl for directions that turned out to be completely wrong and had us walking down a very dark alleyway toward a large grop of black men.  we finaly made it to a main road and asked a van full of 8 police which way we were supposed to be headding and after pointing us in the right direction followed us (we think) to make sure we made it okay!

Anyway inside the Spreadeagle, (the name of the ex-strippers Neil was playing at) We found Neil talking to a group of girls and when we got to chat to him he told us we missed the gig! Oh well, worth it for the experience. and it was awsome to catch up with Neil over beer and Pizza.  afterwards we jumped in a taxi and went straight home to bed. Tomorrow we see Gaz!!!

Tags: Misadventures

About shannon


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.