Existing Member?

Life is all about Travel

My Scholarship entry - Understanding a Culture through Food

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 1 April 2012 | Views [165] | Scholarship Entry

Ok lets get started , in these 22 years of my life i had got few chances to travel in different countries from Singapore to Thailand to Uk, Australia or UAE. & in all these travels i try to go out and try on new things esp in Food section :) Cuz thats what i love most Eating . From Prawns in Singapore to Fish n Chips in Uk or Doner Kebabs in Australia i try out all these things. Even Doner Kebab is not an Aussie Dish , its origin is from Turkey n Lebnon . it is very very popular in Aussies , from Office break to the Disco night its the most quickest to grab and more popular then any Fast Food , its dont give me any insight on Aussie Culture but yes its give me insight that they do care for their time and even in the shortes of time they manage to have something which is quick and healthy as an Meal , Aussie do care their time. Now switch to my experience of Food in UAE . Well Arabic dishes have the taste which i think none other replace , Olive oil , use of mild spices , Hammus and Garlic with every Dish , Like i have a problem of Blood Pressure but due to that they serve Garlic with every Dish , i got my Bp right , and yes while you are dining in a Arabic Resturant it give you a complete insight on how rich their Culture is , From Soft Music to belly Dance it gives dining a whole new experience , and i dont know any other feel like that but whenever i try a new cusine in any new country it gives me insight that how the people are of this country , like from meal itself to the presentation of the food just give you whole picture like are they good mannered , do they care about others , A Resturant is the 1st place one should go when he/she is visiting and it will give you a straight away picture of the people of their country to their culture , And this is the first place from you judge that whether the people of this country care for Hygine or Not !!!! :)

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About shanihashmi


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.