Existing Member?

Germany 2007 Shane and Christina's trip to Germany in celebration of 5 years of marriage!!

Stuttgart

GERMANY | Tuesday, 15 May 2007 | Views [662] | Comments [1]

Shane and Chris on Konigstrasse, downtown Stuttgart

Shane and Chris on Konigstrasse, downtown Stuttgart

Hey everyone...

Stuttgart has been a welcome change from our hectic arrival.  With Clemens and Judith returning to work, Chris and I are left with more time to do some exploration of the city on our own.  So far, we have kept things pretty relaxed.  Yesterday we hit the Bakery and the Deli, bought some bread, cheese, and meat for lunch and just hung out on Konigstrasse downtown for a few hours. 

Clemens showed us where his office is on the Schlossplatz which was pretty killer.  He has a postcard view of the new Castle and main square right downtown.  He pays only 1000E a month for rent on this office space, which he says he makes up in a couple of days with the type of law he practices (Corporate copyright law). 

After seeing his office, we made the 5 minute walk back to the apartment and hung out for a while until dinner at 8:00pm.  One thing we are really having to adjust to is how late everyone eats over here.  Chris and I look at the clock and its 3pm and we're just sitting down for lunch.  Dinner before 8pm...forget about it.

Last night we did a little picture slide show for Clemens and Judith so they could see what we had been up to the last 3 years.  As expected when you have a child, most of the pictures were of Hailey, and there were actually very few of us doing anything other than looking annoyed by the camera.  We're definitely changing that on this trip. 

Anyhow, we have booked our train tickets and hotel for Munich, and we leave for a 2 day/one night trip on Saturday.  Looking forward to seeing what Munich looks like these days, and hopefully taking in some of the local scene there as well.

Until then, we're going to keep doing some sightseeing, and hanging out with Clemens and Judith.

Talk to you soon,

Shane & Chris

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

What fun! I've not been able to read through everything though the temptation is definitely there, if only I didn't have to go to work. Anyway, I mostly want to wish you two a happy 5th anniversary! Five years, I can't believe it. Say hello to Clemens for me and to Judith as well (I realize we haven't met).

Travel Safely
Love,
Megan

  Megan May 18, 2007 4:31 AM

About shaneroehl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.