Existing Member?

Las Aguas de Vidas

So I´m blogging?

PERU | Tuesday, 14 April 2009 | Views [447]

So, I´m blogging, like the title says, and this is strange for me, to attempt journaling without pen and paper, I´m not sure if my thoughts are going to line up right, right away, it may take awhile. Also, this keyboard has ¨sticky keys,¨ highly distracting.

My location in the world, at this moment in time, is an internet cafe in Cusco, Peru. I´ve been in front of this screen for almost three hours now, so it´s beginning to lose its appeal. And it wasn´t that appealing to being with.

This is so strange, I feel like I should have a rough draft written out already or something. Maybe I´ll just start with how my day´s been? Ok, so I woke up, and was immediately elated to find that my stomach was still feeling normal. ¨Relatively¨ normal, as normal as it can be when I´ve been on a different continent for a month, a week, and four days.

After being elated, I wrote in my journal for a couple minutes, and then paused for several more minutes to eavesdrop on a conversation between the owner of the hostel I´m ¨living¨ at, and a potential new tenant. But, they were talking right outside my room, and my door was open, survey says, ¨NOT eavesdropping, merely listening.¨ He was sick and just wanted to ¨sleep,¨ but also wanted a cheaper price on the room, but eventually gave in, because he just wanted to ¨sleep.¨ Poor guy. 

Some random thoughts:

1. I should stop eating Ramen noodles everyday, twice a day.

2. Is everyday supposed to be one or two words?

3. Listening to an American girl who is a) spoiled, b) not intelligent, c) self-centered, talk loudly and incessantly about her experiences in Peru on Skype, two booths down from your computer, is like enduring the deepest bowels of Hell

4. All I want in life is falafel, hummus, and pita, from the Israeli restaurant we went to last night.  

5. The Pisco Sour I had wasn´t bad either

6. I´ve now discovered that trying to blog on a keyboard with keys that stick is a worthless pursuit. And I know that the girl who works at this internet place hates me and that´s why she always sends me to this terminal with the keys that stick, she always tells me ¨cinco,¨with a little evil grin on her face. This is the world I live in.

About shanensa


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.