Existing Member?

Shane's Trip Journal

April 21: Cambodia to Bangkok to Kathmandu

NEPAL | Friday, 22 April 2011 | Views [468] | Comments [3]

The last week has been a couple of travel days and a couple of lazy days with a couple of planning days. When I left Cambodia for Bangkok I was not sure which way I was headed so I decided to camp in Bangkok for a few days and research some options. Long story short, I decided on Nepal. I can't get the Himalayas out of my head and fortunately now I get to see them. Tonight I am in Kathmandu and tomorrow I will be headed on a 6 day trek in the Himalayas. This 6 days is not supposed to be too strenuous, kind of a feeler for other areas in the Himalayas. I don't have any new pictures to post but will have some soon. I am not sure if I will have access to internet during my 6 days but if not I will bring back a bunch of pictures to share.  

Comments

1

Awesome!!! Enjoy the Himalayas! Can't wait to see the pics! Not too much going on here...just hoping for some rain this week as we have not had a drop since before you left!!

  Terry Apr 22, 2011 4:10 AM

2

Been wondering about you buddy - glad you're doing good.
How was the flight into Nepal? I hear they have a pretty archaic airport.

  Armando Apr 22, 2011 8:39 AM

3

Shane,
I'm so glad you decided on the Himalayas! You have mentioned them several times. I was afraid you would always wish you had if you hadn't gone there.
I still can't believe you didn't let me go with you for a while! You have surely done well at getting around.
Like Terry said, the big news is "NO rain". It is getting critical. OKC has gotten a little rain, but we, in western Okla., have seen none.
Everything is good here. I'm home preparing food and all the games for Easter tomorrow. We will miss you, but we will make it all up when you get back.
Luv you! Mom

  mimi Apr 24, 2011 5:15 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.