Existing Member?

Shane's Trip Journal

March 31

THAILAND | Friday, 1 April 2011 | Views [391] | Comments [6]

My next stop was originally going to be Koh Tao, a small island on the east side of the peninsula. Koh Tao is reported to be world class scuba diving on the cheap but the weather has altered my itinerary. No small boats are running to Koh Tao because the waters are too turbulent. A local told me that a boat big enough to handle the high seas (possibly military) was going out to the island to pick people up because they have no electricity or water. There are also reports of major mudslides just to the north and east of where I am staying. Today the sun came out for a bit, the beach was packed, and I had to endure another 2 hour massage. I'm off to Bangkok tomorrow (14 hour bus) and then probably to the north of Thailand.  

Comments

1

Sounds to me like you have it backwards! You're gonna need the massage after the 14-hour bus ride,not before...lol. Glad all is well!!

  Terry Apr 1, 2011 12:36 AM

2

Shane,
Sounds like a smart move. Watch for the earthquake up north. Lots of weather going on over there. We are having strange weather patterns here in the US also, but as for western Oklahoma... still drought conditions with wind.
Thanks for letting us know where in Asia you are!
Luv ya! Mom

  Mimi Apr 1, 2011 7:30 AM

3

14 hours in a bus YIKES! I'll take the elephant!
Hope it's too hot on the mainland buddy. Have fun

  Armando Apr 1, 2011 3:54 PM

4

Supposed to say "hope it's NOT too hot on the mainland"

  Armando Apr 1, 2011 3:55 PM

5

I'm just getting back to being connected! My goodness - what an adventure. I'm so impressed with your laid back attitude. You don't seem to be bothered with having to change everything around! Enjoy every moment! I'm sure enduring that two hour massage really did you in!

Love ya! ;-)

  tish Apr 1, 2011 10:53 PM

6

Shane,
Where in the world (probably Asia) are you?
Luv ya! Mom

  Mimi Apr 5, 2011 6:26 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.