Existing Member?

a small sea of existence every day I dive into a big sea of all the events of my life.

farewelling the land of seashells and cormorant beaks

USA | Sunday, 24 June 2007 | Views [511]

my last week in florida.. i have been playing with the sewing machine, and taking care of my cousin katie out at the beach..

(( delicate moments of situational repose.))

oceans of cement and scraggly palm trees become the floridian landscape. errands via highway paint my guts in a nausea nostalgic to the days when my legs stuck to the seat of the volvo, and my brother and i fought for headspace in the tiny sliding window of our black conversion van.

now a rainstorm is making its grumbly approach. though only rarely does the ferocious thunder bother to bring with it enough rain. but drought it as old story. especially around the season of midsummer fireworks that will soon come to pass.
in a week i am leaving-- making an adventure to the other side of the world. new zealand. treeferns, mountains composed in sighing greens and whispery veils of clouds. i will be closer to antarctica than i have ever been; almost as far from home as my dreamworlds take me.

and mostly of all, i shall be with elliot.

several nights ago the stars formed a line that ended in the arch of the crescent moon. i do not care for the kind of wisdom that dreams in voodoo and astrology, but my eyes observed a phenomenon i have never before recorded in my waking or dreaming experiences.

thunder chortles loudly outside my window, birds cry for cover in sweet songs of stormy surrenders, lightning glints through the shades.

now i shall close my eyes into a small nap, listen to the storm approach and begin to farewell this sweet land that dreams in seashells and cormorant beaks.

Tags: Philosophy of travel

 

About shaina


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.