Existing Member?

Don't Watch, Feel It.

Mysore Zoo

INDIA | Sunday, 24 May 2015 | Views [118] | Scholarship Entry

Have you heard of child adoption? Obviously, yes!
Have you heard of animal adoption? Again, yes.
Have you ever heard of animal adoption while the animal would be in the zoo? Yeah, that’s interesting!
Mysore Zoo is a 157-acre zoo located near the palace in Mysore, India. While going to the zoo I thought it is just a waste of time. One local told me “you should visit you will fall in love”. I have visited couple of zoo earlier and I found them okay, but this zoo changes my entire concept of thinking.
When I entered the zoo, I felt I am actually entering into a forest due to pleasant & relaxing environment. The zoo is so systematic that one will not be able to miss the single animal/bird/plant in the journey.
“The most amazing part for me about the zoo is adoption concept”. Only Indian can adopt the bird/animal in the zoo for a period of 2 to 5 years. As your adoption subscription ends you need to renew the subscription. One can adopt the animal/ bird or both or any number of animal/bird; depends upon the person’s wealth & whether he/she is able to take care of the animal/bird over a period of time.
Every animal/bird was adopted. The adopter pays the amount for the particular animal/bird over a period of time & caretakers of the zoo use that money to raise and taking care of the particular animal/bird. Lion is adopted by a cricketer Anil Kumble. He pays the amount to the caretakers of the lion. The caretakers spend the entire amount on the lion (food, health etc.)
On every cage, I found the detailed about the animal/bird, with their name, age, place of birth, from where they brought, bought and who gifted from which country. I saw so many new species of animals, birds and plants. From that point of time I started visiting a different adoption zoo in India, but I didn't find any like Mysore zoo. Therefore it is special for me. It is so big that you will take an entire day to watch everything and if you are an animal/bird/plant lover, you will take more than that.
One should visit the zoo during peak winter, try to feel you are actually in forest, One should have soft corner for animal/bird. One should be a nature lover. I am sure you will also fall in love with the zoo. If I will get another opportunity, I will go during the peak winter & I will try to adopt at least one animal/bird. According to me, yet I didn't find such a mesmerizing zoo at least not in India. One should visit & feel the difference. I must say it is something that one will never forget.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About shahebaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.