Existing Member?

Ray & Deb's Travels We're on a home exchange to Southern France.

Sept. 12: Moustiers-St- Marie & Aix en Provence

FRANCE | Wednesday, 19 September 2012 | Views [61]

Spent the morning climbing all around Moustiers and poking in and out of pottery shops.  This town is famous for its Faience - beautifully decorated earthernware.   But, we resisted, except for two tiny items that will fit in our luggage.

One of our favorite villages perche so far.  Left around noon and headed down to    Aix in Provence.  A fairly good size university town and it was a shock to our system after spending so much time in suck little villages and on back roads.

But we braved the parking, found a garage and had lunch on the famous Cours Mirabeau, a broad avenue filled with trees, sidewalk cafes, and perfect for people watching.  Saw the fountains and part of the university - just wandered under we got tired. 

Decided to head towards Toulouse and see if we want to head back home from there or stay overnight and head up to the villages of NW Toulouse.

Decide after several hours of motorway driving to spend the night so we get off at an exit and head near Beziers - had trouble finding anything decent at all, but finally found a roadside hotel - that turned out to be quite an experience.  We renamed it Hotel Bizarre - more on that tomorrow.

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.