Existing Member?

Croatian Adventure “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do... Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain

The first leg....

FRANCE | Saturday, 6 September 2008 | Views [610]

view south to the seine

view south to the seine

Bonjour! Ca va?

The trip to Paris was, as all of you fellow travelers would know, LONG and exhausting but we made it!!! Korean Air was OK but Air France was sensationale. Great food, great service and above all else individual video screens so the kids smiled from Seoul to Paris.
We have been in Paris 2 sleeps and it feels like we've been here for ever. Our apartment, c'est magnifique. It is one block from the Seine and a 2 minute walk to the Pompidou Centre. It is in a typical old apartment block with ceiling height windows that open fully with a decoritif balustrade. The shower is in one cupboard, the toilet in another and the kitchen in a large cupboard. We love it. You can check it out at www.homelidays.com #99525
On our first morning here we opened the windows at 7.30am to the smell of fresh baked baguettes et pastries from the boulangerie downstairs. WOW! Hard to resist. The bread here is incredible. Brumby's and Bakers Delight have a lot to learn! Needless to say we are eating a lot of bread!
Yesterday we spent the day with the Goggin Stewarts - friends from St Kilda PS. We had a wonderful day exploring Le Marais (check out the pics). We had a picnic lunch in the Place de Vosges with yummy fromage and baguettes, rose, fraise fraiche, and delicious poulet and poisson salads. Yes, hasn't moi francais improved! We ended the day with a wonderful dinner in a little cafe with stuffed snails, duck, entrecote, agneau and poisson and as our children were pretty much falling asleep at the table (still need to catch up on the 12-15 hours of sleep they've missed) we farewelled the Goggin Stewarts who left on  Eurostar this morning for Londre.
Today we hit Le Louvre with Ruby as our tourguide. She selected French Painting on the 2nd floor to begin and we climbed the massive stairs to the top floor only to discover a lift when we reached the top - typical! We caught a glimpse of Mona Lisa - hard to explain to the girls what all the fuss is about. Checked out some antiquities, a couple of royal crowns - some incredible rooms and off to le Tuileries and lunch. Baguette jambon and croque monsieur all round, choclat chaud and then home via Rue St Honore and some funky shops - inlcuding one very 'it' store, Colette, that features a water bar - yep that's right.

Our little local supermarche is unreal. Everything is gourmet - everything! Food is definitely the focus here, not to mention the amazing architecture, churches, musee et tout.

a bientot, au revoir, bon soir

xxx

dream

ps don't forget to check out our photos in our photo gallery.

About sestak_family


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.