Existing Member?

Audaces fortuna iuvat (Fortune Favors the Bold)

What if feels like to get pickpocketed??

ECUADOR | Wednesday, 18 February 2009 | Views [761]

So if you are interested in what it feels like when you get pickpocketed?? Well let me tell you, you don´t feel anything.

So i was on a bus from the Old Town historical center in quito and taking a short trolley bus ride to the new town, which is like 10mins away. And this bus was totally packed, everybody jammed in together. And when i am just walking around i keep small bills and money in my front pockets and bigger bills, ie 20usd, in my 5th coin pocket, and so i had 60 dollars in my front 5th pocket. I thought that something was happening but i put my hand in my pocket and all of my small bills were there, so i didnt think anything of it.

Once i got back to my hostel, i checked my 5th pocket, and it was gone. I think that whoever pickpocketed me has some sort of tool, device, that could sneak into my pocket and take my money.

Quito is my favorite large city that i have been in so far in south america, it´s unfortunate that things like these happen so frequently. Quito has an amazing old city center dating back to the 1500s, golden churches, enormous basillicas, huge plazas, interesting museums, rolling market streets, great nightlife, and a wonderful natural scenery as a background to quito. Everywhere you look there´s an amazing natural backdrop to the city.

About senor-lance


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.