Existing Member?

Norwegian

The Snow

NORWAY | Wednesday, 22 April 2015 | Views [188] | Scholarship Entry

Travelling is one of the unusual experiences you encounter, especially when you travel to different continents and get to experience different cultures, believes and their way of living.

I had an opportunity to travel to Europe to a beautiful country called Norway though my trip was work related I got to see a different way of living. After taking four flights from my beloved country Namibia through South Africa then Frankfurt and finally coming to Oslo. I had different views from different people on how the first time flying experience will be, some said you feel butterflies others saying you might vomit and others saying it’s a scary experience and the list goes on. When we took off from the Hosea Kutako International airport I was expecting to feel some of the feelings that I heard but I didn’t feel any of it, my experience of taking the flight was somehow normal to me. Expect the feeling of going up the sky.

After arriving in Norway in Oslo city and learning that English was not their first language was quite impressive. We got a bus to the centre town and seeing the building structure was admiring. The weather was very unexpected perhaps not really that unexpected because I did research and was told that it will be cold but I guess I figured my Namibian African winter where you can wear a simple light Jersey with light shoes and get away with it but then I happened to be wrong. It was so cold but I thought to myself that perhaps it was just that day and it will pass but I was clearly wrong. The next day was just as cold as the previous day I ended up wearing my colleague’s big Jerseys. On the 3rd day of being In Norway we went from Oslo to Trondheim this is where we got to experience the snowing which was unexpected and by now I was in flat shoes and we were looking for the place we needed to be for an appointment. It was my first time to see snow and have a touch of it. Even thought I was cold I enjoyed the experience and forgot about the cold weather.

Besides from the cold water, we were taken to the Vigeland Park in Oslo which was made of some interesting statues of people where we took pictures and we got to admire the beautiful structure.

In all my travelling experiencing was an adventure with well learnt lessons and will do it all over again but this time will make sure to take along real winter cloths. Make sure when you go to Europe during their winter you take along some good warm cloths.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About selima


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.