Existing Member?

School can change your way of thinking

SMAN 78 (Public Senior High School 78)

INDONESIA | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [118] | Scholarship Entry

School is a common place for some people right? but for me school (especially senior high school) is place where you can meet lot of people in different background. I would say that senior high school is the best "travel treasure" in my life so far, where you can share moments with your friend from different financial background, ethnic, attitude even nationality. First day in senior high school i was little bit confused how to react each other because i never been in public school before. My mom always schooled me in private school since i was in playground where most of them are educated person and mostly financially good (because in my country public and private school has big difference in quality and people background). Actually I'm an outgoing person and i was trying to know each other back then and i made lot of friends, there was really lot of different way of thinking that i found. For example,eating manners, an educated and good financially people in my school usually eating using both fork and spoon and they usually bring their own food from home because they think food in school's canteen were not clean (even my school is one of the most popular public school in west jakarta and really well maintained compared to the other school), while some people eating using their hands and they really enjoyed it. I'm a curios person so i compared both of these people and asked "why you always bring food from home and eating using both fork and spoon, while canteen's food really delicious and more enjoyable using hands?"(for the rich we can say) then i asked the "financially common" people, "why you so much happy eating in canteen by using your hands? isn't it unclean?". The rich people answered,"of course we have to use both, it's easier and more hygiene and food from home are made from fresh ingredients", while the poor people answered "canteen's food are really great man! eating with your hand and feel the food is really good feeling and really enjoyable for us! and we can chatting and shares experience in canteen as well right?".

therefore i think you don't have to be rich enjoying your life, sharing with your friend and hanging out telling each other experience are happier than just thinking about hygiene. everything that usually rich people do might be wanted for everyone, but you can't always find happiness in money. caring and sharing with each other makes us feel more "human", because human as social creature need to caring and sharing each other

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About school


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.