Existing Member?

Escapades

The story so far

SPAIN | Wednesday, 13 September 2017 | Views [254]

Observations from week 1

 

Its a long way here 36 hours in transit all up door to door including train travel to Melbourne.

Abu Dhabi airport is a plane spotters paradise

That airport needs more toilets and while there is no smoking in the terminal there is a small glassesd in room not much bigger than a phonebox that a few blokes were puffing away in including with hookahs. Must be good exhaust fans.

The noise level on a 777  (for the first leg) seems to be higher than that of an A330 which was our second leg to Madrid. Could also be due to being surrounded by three babies on the first leg.

Cairo at night is well lit up and looks huge even from 40000 feet.

You won't go hungry or short of a beer in Madrid. Seems that every second shop sells food and grog.

Coffee quality is a bit patchy in Spain.

If you want to join the cheapskates at the Museo de Prado taking part in free admissiin after 6 pm be prepared for a long wait and when you eventually get in you wont have much time because it closes at 8.

Goya

Guernica

Catalonia (where Barcelona is)

Spanish waitstaff offhandedness

Spanish roads

Ou coach

 

Our driver and the long way back

Security in Madrid and Barcelona.

Zaragoza has trams just like Melbourne.

There is probably enough gold in the Basillica at Zaragoza to sink a battle ship.

Toledo is a sister city of Toledo Ohio. Even renamed a street after Toledo Ohio. So Klinger was rifgt whennhe was always excaliming holy Toledo.

Zaragoza has a Roman bridge that still carries trafic over the river, inclufong buses,. How old is that bridge? 1900 years so apart fro the wince and the aqueducts whathave the Romans ever dine for us?

About savandaly


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.