Existing Member?

enchanting mustang

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 14 October 2012 | Views [150] | Scholarship Entry

Growing up in a beautiful city of Pokhara in western nepal i would meet these people in the winter, who came down to pokhara to sell herbs and cheap chineesee products and when asked where they were from they would always reply that they were from Mustang, the land beyond the mountains, that are seen from my city. They are nepali but looked and talked so much different than us. They would talk of harsh weather, hardship of living yet seemed so content with life. Their contagious smile and friendliness were truly an inspiration for me to visit those places and meet them .
As a filmmaker, I have made few short movies and me and some friends pooled little money hoping to make a documentary titled "life around annapurna" but the lack of fund have hindered in realizing that dream.
winning this scholarship will definitely help me hone my craft. moreover as a film maker in a small country with no proper access to international market, i believe this scholarship will help me connect with professionals of this field around the globe and help me show what my country is all about. it certainly is much more than mount everest and its the local people who truly make this country so amazing.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About sarojnepal


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.