Existing Member?

some of the more special places i have been in beautiful Australia!

EDEN

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 24 September 2011 | Views [478]

the places i have been have shaped my view on the world, and i think i have a pretty good outlook. My fav coastal town is Eden, on the south coast of Australia. it is about 8hours from melbourne. its an old whaling town, the history is strong and runs through the veins of the towns people in everything that they do. the main beach is Aslings beach where dolphins often swim about, the best beach in my opinion is Caccora beach. beautiful white sandy beach and it doesn't get too busy. Eden is not the only beautiful place in the area Merrimbula, Bega and prob the most stunning place i have ever been Wonboyn. Wonboyn consists of the beach, inlets, lakes, streams, rivers most of which are crystal clear turquoise waters. the dunes range in size from tiny to " i cant be bothered walking anymore so I'm just going to roll the rest of the way down" check the tide times cause i have be caught out and it can be a bit scary especially if you have kiddies.  the area is surrounded by a lush old growth rainforest, massive tree's amazingly beautiful tree's, you will see a whole lot of big semi's with these beauties all carved up on the back, they are taking them to the chipping mill. it is the major employment for the area.Eden and the surrounding area is a magnificent and stunning area if you find the right place Eden is un-spoilt i hope it will always stay that way. in november humpback whales are often seen around the water in Eden,  the last boat trip i went on we saw 8 whales all up they came right up to the boat, AMAZING!!!!  there is an airport in merrimbula but the drive isn't too bad and the flights are ridiculously expensive. Get some good music going and you'll be on your way. depending on what time of year you visit Eden it depend on what clothing you will need, there will always be the chance of it getting at least a little chilly. so bring something warm. enjoy Eden for all it has to offer!!!!

Tags: beaches, old growth rainforest, whales

 

About sarebear86


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.