Existing Member?

Taking on the world!

Hola from Barcelona

SPAIN | Wednesday, 23 January 2008 | Views [338]

so yes... Im in Barcelona!!!! Today is the 22nd i think... and bec and i have been here for 2 nights... and are leaving tomorrow for Valencia. 

barcelona is really cool!! i love it here.. although its not allllll too dissimilar from home in terms of atmosphere and a bit looks wise too.. however many would disagree with me.

yesterday we went and saw La Sagrada Familie...a cathedral that began construction in 1882... and .. IS STILL BEING BUILT! And the thing is... its been under construction constantly! none of this stop for 50 years and start again stuff.. and to add to that, it doesnt look like its going to be done for a very long time yet! it still has no roof, the inside is filled with scaffolding and construction workers, as is the outside. Infact, it still doesnt have a roof yet! Talk about taking your sweet time!

After that i caught up with liam and his friends for lunch. was really good to catch up and really random that we ended up in the same place at the same time.

This morning bec and i headed off to see the gothic quarter. We found Santa Maria del Mar (dont know what the spelling is like there) and found another beautiful cathedral that i really should know what its called but cant remember. it has a really cool courtyard inside its grounds comlete with ponds, fountains, fish and geese. it really is a cool place!

After that we headed up to Park Guall. (also not sure about that spelling). It is a park designed by the famous architect Gaudi and was aparently origionally designed as a commune/self sufficient community. In the end it ended up as a park but has a very famous mosaic bench that snakes its way around a courtyard bit. Doesnt look too comfy but actually is! We sat there in the sun .. yes SUN! i couldnt believe it.. today was about 17 degrees C and just beautiful sitting there with a guy playing random songs on a trumpet in the background.

Headed back to the hostel where i am now and will probably go in seach of a good seafood paella for dinner tonight.

Tags: Adventures

About sare


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.