Existing Member?

Taking on the world!

next bit

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 15 January 2008 | Views [411]

hey,

so i finished contiki and loved it!

we started out in berlin, saw some sights... froze our butts off and went on a brilliant pub crawl! berlin is fantastic... first day there they took us to see the berlin wall.. and it started snwoing! was so cool! went and checked out the history museum which was really cool! but i do love berlin - its so full of history and culture - we were planning to do a walking tour but it was just tooo cold! so still a bit sad about missing that! but oh well. pub crawl that night was cool. we had a guide called Asta who took us to 4 different places ending up at a club.. noooo idea what time we got home but it was awesome fun!


Bus trip then took us to prague via dresden - dresden was pretty much wiped out in the second world war i think but is still a really cool town with beatiful buildings - we were only there for 2 hours.

only got to spend 2 days there in berlin, sadly then off to prague! prague is beautiful but apparently really really dodgey so i couldnt really enjoy myself because i was too paranoid about being ripped off/mugged! even so we had a great time there and again were not there nearly long enough. only really had 2 days there too, would liked to have seen more but given that the sun goes down so early the days are cut really short. but oh well - i loved it... but still dont think i would go back.

so got back on the bus and went to vienna via Kuotna Hora (no idea how to spell it) and a bones museum (ossowary) that waws brilliant but a little freaky as they really just have human bones as decorations, like, there is a chandelier made entirely of human bones!


Then to Vienna, its a beautiful city and really didnt feel like we had enough time there! it was only about a day and a half. Went to the Schnapps museum, that was cool! did a bit of a walking tour around the city... ate a Massive schnitzel and went out on our last two nights and had a brilliant time dancing!

all up contiki was fantastic, we met some really lovely people and saw some beautiful cities!

Am in munich now with my sister! also caught up with my german host sister maria today which was so great! Im so glad that she came to catch up!

hope everything is good back at home and im sorry ive been so slack!

love sare xoxox

Tags: Adventures

About sare


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.