Existing Member?

Taking on the world!

London!!! woooooo

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 20 December 2007 | Views [523] | Comments [1]

hey guys!!

well im FINALLY here!!!! Have been in london since sunday morning melbourne time and i love it! Its cold but soooo amazing!

So i arrived in London on Saturday night my time and was exhausted by the time we arrived home (Marks place - family friend of Kayleys who is lovely and so kind to let us stay but lives at the end of the train line :S so travelling is a bit of a bitch) as id been on a 12 ish hour flight and had barely any sleep - but did manage to watch about 8 ugly betty episodes in a row.. very entertaining. Got home to an awesome dinner of spag bog, garlic bread, diet coke and chocolate cake and then bed!

Sunday morning was just a wandering around the city day! We went and saw buckingham palace.. no queen this time.. bit dissappointing really but hte palace was cool.

We hung around the city a bit and went and checked out the London Eye at night... was beatiful seeing the city all lit up but sadly the photos really dont do it justice!

Monday

Took myself off to oxford st today as K and lucy wanted to go to madame tussauds and i didnt. Was an awesome day.. got a new jumper :P - Also there was a steel drum band playing in the street, really upbeat christmas music.. was brilliant! and THEN ... i think was in regent st at this point.. but i swear it started to snow .. just a few tiny little flakes but it was awesome!

Tuesday

Today i started a bus tour! One of those hop on hop off type ones that took me all around to all of the bit tourist sites in london.. was cool to see them all again! Ended up getting off at hyde park corner... theres an outdoor iceskating ring there at the moment.. its cool as.. then walked into knightsbridge where harrods is. Met up with lucy and jess in harrods to warm up and then went back to see jess' english place.. cutest apartment ever! im really quite jealous! Then out for a few glasses of wine - was an awesome day!

Wednesday

Still had my bus ticket so went off in the kensigton direction today... jumped off at kensington palace and was really quite dissappointed. It just looks like a big brick house in the middle of the gardens. Was expecting a bit more. oh well.. didnt go inside ... £9 - come on, like im paying that :p

So walked from there through kensington gardens (so beautiful!) to the Albert memorial (queen victoria's husband) and it is HUGE! like...insane - will have to try and put photos up at some point. Then walked on.. through to hyde park.. equally beautiful! until i reached the Princess Di memorial fountain... quite nice but its crap to take photos of.. its quite random really and hard to explain. basically... its kinda odd. Anyway.. bumped into lucy at the fountain... we then went to find the peter pan statue together .. got loserish photos of us jumping in front of it.. and then i jumped back on a bus to see a few more sites.

Met up again with lucy and K at a pub called the shakespere and bob franklin walked in! (anna... thats mainly for you cos i dont think anyone else will care :P) anyway.. then we headed off to do a jack the ripper tour! It started right near the tower of london and headed around a few of the streets where the murders happened. The guide was fantastic and told us about the main suspects, the theories, the victims and a bit of general stuff about London back then. Was really good... and 'atmospheric'. basically it was bloody FREEZING!

Thursday

So finally up to today. Having a quiet day today, catching up on emails and this blog thingy. wil head back into town tomorrow to look for xmas presents for K, jess and lucy.

Missing everyone lots and lots and will try and be back on internet again soon.. although more likely that the next time ill just include about a weeks worth -  like this one!

hope everyone is well.. and send me emails and stuff. i want to know whats going on at home!

S xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

sounds like you're having the time of your life- snow!!! how awesome!! Merry Christmas Sare, have an absolutely wonderful time xxx

  Jen Dec 23, 2007 5:52 PM

About sare


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.