Existing Member?

travolta

trip to saidpur village

NORWAY | Tuesday, 5 May 2015 | Views [163] | Scholarship Entry

Some travel stories will make you laugh until you can’t breathe and others will make you sob like a fool, but the best travel stories are the ones that taught you something along the road.This experience is my first international travelling to Bergen (Norway).When I stepped out of the hot, stuffy plane into the bright, dazzling sunlight beaming down across the burning pavement,Over head I heard the screech of gulls and the chatter of the small fluffy sparrows.The sun beat down on my skin, warming and basking my arms in its radiance. I plunged my face deep into its cool, damp petals. The ocean danced beneath the sunlight which was sparking insensately on the rippling waves. It was a rich, deep blue in some spots and in others a bright, aquamarine green.As the blue waves crashed against the black lava rock, the water thrust into the air spraying a rainbow of mist everywhere. We drove down to a beach and I leaped out of the car and ran down to the crystal clear deep blue water. The warm sand squished under my feet and made my calf muscles clench to keep myself balanced and moving. I stopped just before the water touched my toes and ripped off my t-shirt that I was wearing on life jacket provided by the people showing us the place. I stood there taking it all in, the sun on my shoulders, the warm cozy sand beneath my feet, and the insane need to jump into the fresh cool water. The waves gently crashed along the shore and pulled themselves closer and closer as if they were beckoning me to join them and play their games. I smiled to myself and decided that I would go join in their fun. With that, I took a huge deep breath and plunged into the silky salty water. The water was cool and refreshing; I felt it slide through my hair making it dance in the water. I swam deeper and deeper into the turquoise water. Sunlight streamed though it lighting up the water around me turning it to gold. I kicked harder and wanted to have the feeling for a little longer My lunges started to burn for the need of oxygen, but I refused to go up. Just a little longer Unable to move anymore without more air in my lungs, I swam to the top and thrust out of the water taking a huge breath, filling my lungs with renewed air. I could taste the strong salty water as it ran down my face and trickled over my lips. Just then I thought, I will never forget this moment, this place, or the experiences I felt while visiting here.Norway changed me forever, and I never stopped remembering it.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About sarastravels


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.