Existing Member?

Let's go on!

Paris la ville lumiére

FRANCE | Thursday, 28 May 2015 | Views [177] | Scholarship Entry

Paris la ville lumiére!
Yes, Paris is always Paris and I know that very well. I have been lucky enough to have visited Paris twice in my life and I literally fell in love with this amazing city.
My last trip to Paris occurred recently, precisely in February; there is nothing better than spending Valentine's Day in the city of love!
I have to specify that it was not a fun trip but a study trip. I obtained a scholarship for a thesis research abroad, so I visited especially cultural and institutional places; anyway I managed to enjoy myself. Among the cultural spots that I visited, it is also noteworthy is the historic University of Paris also known as the Sorbonne. It is located in the heart of the Latin Quarter, where there is the Boulevard Saint-Michel also known as Boulevard Saint Mich’. It's an extremely lively street; there it’s possible to find many places to eat drink and be merry. In particular during my stay I had the honor to study in the Library of the Faculty of Law situated in Place du Panthéon where I visited the wonderful monument of Pantheon. All the Latin Quarter evokes an exciting atmosphere!
Although my travel reasons weren’t those of the commune tourists I could also visit the traditional tourist attraction in Paris.
First of all I visited the wonderful Notre Dame Cathedral, the amazing Church that takes the visitor directly in the framework described by Victor Hugo in his Notre-Dame de Paris.
Secondly I visited the Basilica of the Sacred Heart which is located at the summit of the butte Montmartre, the highest point in the city where it is possible admire a breathtaking view.
Thirdly I could admire the amazing monumental structure of Arch of Triumph, built to the glory of the French Armies and it houses the tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It is one of the most famous landmarks in the world, it stands in the centre of the Place Charles de Gaulle, at the western end of the Champs-Élysées, the most renowned avenue in the world. The Champs Elysées area is the most frequented and the most chic area of Paris, I just love it!
Finally the real star of Paris: la Tour Eiffel. Of course I could not miss it! What can I say about it? Just amazing: majestic in daylight and attractive in the darkness of the night illuminated only by its light effect.
There are so many factors that attract visitors to Paris: Art, History, Beautiful Landscapes, Culture…Paris is a well-rounded city that allows travelers to discover themselves.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About sarah-w


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.