Existing Member?

Friends, Smiles and a Lotta' Miles. 10. “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” - Mark Twain

Lake Bled

SLOVENIA | Sunday, 26 April 2009 | Views [475]

Brrr. The Jackets came out for this place. Lake Bled is near the Julian Alps and spring took a little while to get here. Covered in as many layers as we could wear we trotted from our accomodation ( a very cute mountain villa) down to the centre of town. Bled is pretty famous for adventure sports, almost everything you could imagine doing is available! There is also obvisouly the Lake which hosts the world rowing championships pretty often and is pretty darn beautifull. My Camera got a serious workout. In summer its a pretty touristy place and you can kind of feel it when you walk around town, the Slovenians there depend on the industry, population 2000 residents plus 4500 available beds!Typicallly european, locals who work in tourist towns also happen to be the rudest around, but you learn not to take offence they are like it to everyone! The best thing in Eastern Europe is going for Hot chocolate, and getting just that, a cup of hot melted chocolate. Tess would love it! Went out for really lovely meals here, would make dad proud, I had fish both nights! On the second day I went for a bike ride around the lake, took a little boat trip out to an island in the middle of the lake where you ring a bell, make a wish and apparently it comes true. haha they have a lot of those over here! Also the ammount of times the bell rings is the ammount of children you are going to have apparently- five for me! Argh!

Lucy, Amanda and I went for a walk in the arvo to the castle overlooking the whole town and it took a bit of efffort because it was pretty steep. From the top we had the most amazing views of the Alps, and a bit of blue sky too! We took the goat track option on the way back down which turned into a bit of an adventure because of the rain and steep muddy path. So many wildflowers about, it was just beautifull.

From there we went to Venice the next day which is where I am writing this from!

Missing home, friends and family

xox Sear

About sarah-leary-and-chris-vt


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Slovenia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.