Existing Member?

next adventure

2/10 phnom penh, again

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 10 February 2015 | Views [325]

so stayed sevearl days in Kompot.    is easy town to be in.  and figured be nicer then more days inPP. get into my routines.  walk to far end of riverside walk where there is a fish mkt in the mornings.  found atable there selling the yummy rice porridge.  fun when i get recognized and they laugh and serve me with out my asking.

 is a very busy place.  fush of boats unload, vendors buying and individuals buying fo their own use.  some other foods stuffs. snacks, yum coconut patties grilled and coconyt pastry thing.  plus usual waffales and other assorted skewers and fired etcs.    one day i walked across to other side and very plesant wat.  there is an area of salt producaton that people visit but didnt go so far.  also famous Kampot, pepper grows here.  a Very fancy resort up in the hills near one plantation.  there are some cave temples.  one old pre ankor era.    Kep on the coast is  a day trip for many and out ot rabbit island.  tons of travlers. many expats.  cafes returants and a multitude of gh or hotel of every ilk.   there is a nights sunset crusis up river and out to see fireflys.  is lovely walking for sunset along malacon.  light streaming across water setting behind Bokor mts.    i too advantage of havinga shiatsu treatment at Seeing Hands massage.  numbr of years ago the Mary Knoll order of nuns had come and arranged for blind folk to learn massage as a trade.  many places in Cambodia specifically offer this.  

 i gave my bike to EpicArts center. they have a store front and cafe.  train and imploy and sell the work of differently abled folk.  they also have  aperforming arts school with a two year program.  i was lucky enough to happen across a video filmed by UNICEF by a group from the school for thier last project.  the vid is also to help educate people about talents of us each with the abilities we have.   i meet lots of interesting travlers.  long and short journeys.  mkt lunch  a few stalls with a buffet type arrangment with variety of dishes.  often with veg stuff. also a crepe i like filled iwth mung sprouts and othe rveg on top.    today cam to PP on the bus.  leaves at 7.  ish.  a young couple from bellingham wa.  many months in NZ.  had met french couple recenetly doing same.  now SE Asia.  anyway nice ot have them for our mutual entertainment to pass the hours.  took over and hour at end of trip 17k to arrive at station.  well is along side the street.  with a pounce of tuk tuk moto touts.  eagerly awaiting.  sad ofr them going 1 block. go back to same gh from last time.  nice folk clean close mkt.   and a small street mkt of wet goods for couple blocks.    and couple cybers near too.  only detriment is no balcony to stand on as some places have.   loved that aabou tmy last gh in Kampot.  large breezy verands.  it was also block from mkt and close river.  here have to walk dash dodgge multiple blocks to river walk.    so three days and Joan in Singapore! :)

Tags: bike and then

About sapote


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.