Existing Member?

Around the World Anything to avoid a real job...

Sydney

USA | Monday, 25 May 2009 | Views [244]

I have no excuse for being so horrible at keeping you informed, except that I've never been good at it!  There is so much to do here that I always find it hard to sit in an internet cafe for more than 30 minutes - sorry!

Sydney has been amazing.  At first it seemed just like any other huge city, but once you find your way around it has so much character! Each little suburb within the city has a completely different feel to it and so much to offer - its amazing how different each area feels.  And there is so much delicious (affordable!) food from all over the world.  Luckily, I had plenty of friends to show me around!  My boss in Perth was originally from Sydney and was able to help me get a job at a huge, trendy bar in Sydney.  With only 3 months here it helped that I had work right away.  Working five nights a week, I have barely stopped since I arrived.  Between the friends I already had living here, and the number of people from overseas or Perth that were visiting, I have barely had any time to slow down!

I was living in a huge share house that was full of other travellers or students and worked out perfectly for me.  It took me 2 minutes to get to the train station and 3 minutes to walk to work.  For the first month that I was here it was still summer.  I had plenty of time to explore all the beaches north and south of the city.  Then came the rain.  After seeing rain about twice in my last two months in Perth, it was such a change to be hit by days of it here!  I have to admit though, after having months of summer and heat, I did enjoy being able to bundle up a bit.  Even though you don't need much more than a light fall jacket at winters worst. 

About sands029


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.