Existing Member?

Alen, That Friend Who Travels

Alen, That Friend Who Travels

PHILIPPINES | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [333] | Scholarship Entry

Hello there, I'm Samantha Solidum.

This entry, though late due to technical reasons, is strong in it's intent. It would have been nice to have stood a chance at this competition, however I know now that that's too late. But if the gods had allowed me to submit on time, I'd say that an opportunity to travel and shoot a documentary would be so far the most relevant event in my unsure life.

Nevertheless, my good friend and I worked hard on this. I will submit this anyway.

As a graduate of Bachelor in Fine Arts in Cinema, I live and breathe within viewfinders and timelines. At the same time, I also thirst for adventure. I love getting lost, and going to places where one's comfort is not just challenged, but transformed. Despite my thirst for adventure though, my experience in pales in comparison to that of my friend, Alen. Whilst I live and breathe timelines, she just lives and breathes... life.

In this short video profile, I try to blur the lines between subject and audience... and well, I hope you can hear and see that. In these three minutes, Alen's memories of travel play along with her as she talks about what she calls 'a very emotional topic', which is, yes, travel.

I won't say more, I think it's best to see this mesh of ramblings and memories for yourself... even though I'm technically no longer qualified to stand a chance in this competition.

Nevertheless, thank you for the opportunity to test my skills as a filmmaker... and as a traveler as well!

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About samsolidum

These Malaysian Lights

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.